Human Resource Management Practices of Dhaka Bank Limited
Banking is one of the most sensitive businesses all over the world. Banks play very important role in the economy of a country and Bangladesh is no exemption. Bangladesh has a well-developed banking system, which consists of a wide variety of intuitions ranging from a central bank to commercial banks and to specialized agencies to cater for special requirements of specific sector. Dhaka Bank Ltd. is the preferred choice in banking for friendly and personalized services, cutting edge technology, tailored solutions for business needs, global reach in trade and commerce and yield on investments. All these are possible as because the bank has highly talented and motivated human resources to achieve its strategic goals.
This report covers the overall activities of Human Resources Division of Dhaka Bank Ltd. Objectives of the study is to analyze the overall operations of Human Resources Division (HRD) of Dhaka Bank Ltd. & to evaluate the operations of HRD of Dhaka Bank Ltd. & to identify the importance of and process of acquiring, developing, maintaining and motivating of an effective workforce in Dhaka Bank Ltd. The information used in this report was taken from various sources including both primary and secondary sources. There were certain limitations regarding the study that is difficulty in accessing sensitive data and information & non-availability of some preceding year’s statistical data.
This report included a standard profile o Dhaka Bank Ltd., which incorporated the historical back ground, Key Facts, Mission, Vision and Goal of Dhaka Bank Ltd. Strategic objective, Customer charter and Management Hierarchy is an important portion of this part. The basic banking function such as Revenue, Income and Expenses is also described in this part of my report. Each bank has a specific future plan and Dhaka Bank Ltd. is not an exception. The future plan of Dhaka Bank Ltd. has been briefly described in this chapter.
When we prepare a report based on real life scenario, the theoretical knowledge work as a strong background. This repot has a part which reflects the theoretical aspect of Human Resources Management (HRM) which I have gone-through during my study. This part encompasses the various units of HRM namely Staffing, Training and Developments, operations of the work force.
The heart of this report is the part which gives details analysis on Human Resources Management of Dhaka Bank Ltd. The basic HRM practice includes the Staffing, Operations and Training & Development. The recruitment or staffing policy and procedures of Dhaka Bank Ltd. have covered a mentionable portion of this chapter. Some most important parts of HR functions are Providing Financial Benefits and Performance Appraisal. The satisfaction level of the work force largely depends on these two. In this chapter I also tried to detail out these two major functions of Human Resources Division.
For long and successful survival of a Bank it is necessary to analyze its competitiveness and drawbacks. This report contains a part which analyzes the competitive advantage, disadvantage, prosperity and challenges of Dhaka Bank Ltd. Due to short time span and lack of information availability I just tried to figure out briefly the existing problem, prosperity, difficulties and some area for development.
This report is not merely a problem discovering one; I tried to come out with some solutions and recommendations. In the final part of my report I write down various findings of my extensive study on Human Resources Management Practice of Dhaka Bank Ltd. This report concluded with some recommendations and guidelines which are the best course of action according to my short experience and knowledge.
Finally, I have found some problems in order to operate their business such us- The bank cannot proper Dhaka Bank guideline. The Dhaka Bank has some objectives but the bank cannot all those objectives. And also Recommended the bank should practices proper guideline and also the productive contribution of people.
Human Resource Management (HRM) is the function within an organization that focuses on recruitment of, management of, and providing direction for the people who work in the organization. Human Resource Management can also be performed by line managers.
Employees are the core resources of any organization, without them, one cannot run their organization and human resource is conducted with the growth of development of people toward higher level of competency, creativity and fulfillment. It keep employees become better more responsible person and then it tries to create a climate in which they contribute to the limits of their improved abilities. It assumes that expanded capabilities and opportunities for people with lead directly to improvement in operating effectiveness. Essentially, the human resource approach means that people better result.
Dhaka Bank Limited always determine what jobs need to be done, and how many and types of workers will be required. So, establishing the structure of the bank assists in determining the skills, knowledge and abilities of job holders. To ensure appropriate personnel are available to meet the requirements set during the strategic planning process.
This effort is to determine what HRM requirements exists for current and future supplies and demands for workers. Because this bank believes that the quality work comes from quality workers who are well motivated and ready to take challenge to provide better service.
Scope of the Report:
The scope of this report is mostly limited to Dhaka Bank Limited, as the report is based on practical observations, and also limited to the related departments of this report. There was no scope of doing outside surveys except getting some help from secondary data of other banks. The report scope was narrowed to the branch operations and practices. As I was sent to Dhaka Bank Limited, Head Office, Human Resources Division. The scope of the study is only limited to the Human Resources Division of Dhaka Bank Limited. The report mainly covers on Human Resources Management of Dhaka Bank Limited.
Objective of the Report:
There had been some objectives set forward in doing this report so that it can be determined what tasks have to done. The objectives of the report are:
- To familiarize with the DBL, its operation and activities, management style and attempt to realized the gap between the theoretical knowledge with the real business world.
- Analyze the current performance appraisal format & compensation.
- Identifying inherent problems associated with the format.
- Propose changes mainly in the guidelines, format and management philosophy by keeping relevance with other processes.
- Employee Personnel practices.
- Developing Employees practices.
Sources of information:
All the information incorporated in this report has been collected from primary sources as well as secondary sources.
Interview with branch manager, operations manager and some other employees of HRD, Discussion sessions with HR officials in Head Office.
- Dhaka Bank Limited Annual Report 2009
- Job description for each employees of Dhaka Bank Limited, HR Division.
- Performance appraisal format.
- Performance appraisal guideline provided by the Human Resources division.
Profile of Dhaka Bank Ltd
Bangladesh economy has been experiencing a rapid growth since the ‘90s. Industrial and agricultural development, international trade, inflow of expatriate Bangladeshi Workers’ remittance, local and foreign investment in construction, communication, power, food processing and service enterprises ushered in an era of economic activities. Urbanization and lifestyle changes concurrent with the economic development created a demand for banking products and services to support the new initiatives as well as to make channel consumer investments in a profitable manner. A group of highly acclaimed businessmen of the country grouped together to respond to this need and established Dhaka Bank Limited in the year 1995.
The bank was incorporated as a public limited company under the Companies Act. 1994. The Bank started its commercial operation on July 05, 1995 with an authorized capital of TK. 1,000 million and paid up capital of TK. 100 million. The paid up capital of the Bank stood at TK. 1289.50 million as on 31 December 2006. The total equity (capital and reserves) of the bank as on 31 December, 2001 stood at 1,209.97 million including the sponsor’s capital of TK. 338 million.
The Bank has 45 branches across the country and a wide network of correspondents all over the world. The bank has plans to open more branches in the current fiscal year to expand the network. The Bank offers the full ranges of banking and investment services for personal and corporate customer, backed by the latest technology and a term of highly motivated officer’s and staff.
Dhaka Bank Ltd. is the preferred choice in banking for friendly and personalized services, cutting edge technology, tailored solutions for business needs, global reach in trade and commerce and yield on investments.
Key facts about Dhaka Bank Limited:
The Banks that were given license during the mid 90’s are called the 2nd Generation private Commercial Banks. Dhaka Bank Limited (DBL) is one of them that incorporated as a public limited company under the Companies Act in 1994 and is governed by banking Companies Act, 1991. The Bank started its commercial operation on July 05, 1995. Since its incorporation, DBL has proved itself as a true development partner of the Government in developing the national economy providing efficient banking services to different sectors of the economy.
Strategic objectives of DBL:
- Dhaka Bank’s objectives are to conduct transparent and high quality business operation based on market mechanism within the legal and social framework spelt in their mission and reflected in their vision.
- Their greatest with qualitative business as a sustainable ever growing organization and enhance fair returns to their shareholders.
- They are committed to their community as a corporate citizen and contributing towards the progress of the nation as their corporate social responsibility.
- Their employees are their backbone. DBL promote employees well being through attractive compensation package, promoting staff morale through training, development and career planning.
- DBL strive for fulfillment of their responsibility to the government through paying entire range of taxes and duties and abiding the other rules.
- They are cautious about environment & climate change & dutiful to make their homeland a green and clean soil.
DBL seek to build long- term, sustainable beneficial relationship with all the customers based on the service-commitments and on their underlying values of mutual respect, the pursuit of excellence and integrity in all their dealings.
- Primary concern is to understand and satisfy customer’s needs and expectations. Promise to use all means open to establish and understand these needs which are both mutually beneficial and respect the values and principles in all aspects.
- Promise to deal quickly, courteously and accurately with all correspondence.
- Should disagreement arise between customer and bank they undertake to seek a speedy and equitable solution, which takes account of the rights and obligations, both parties and is framed in the context of a long term and enduring relationship.
- Believe in openness, integrity, transparency and accountability and provide high standard of services to the valued customers.
- Create customer value, loyalty and equity, which create customer delight over a lifetime of patronage.
Dhaka Bank Limited was rated by Credit Rating Agency of Bangladesh limited (CRAB) on the basis of Audited Financial Statements as on December 31, 2009. CRAB has assigned “A1” (pronounced as single A One) rating in the long term and “ST-2” in the short term to Dhaka Bank Limited. A1 level of rating indicates strong capacity for timely payment of financial remittance, with low likeliness of being adversely affected by foreseeable events. Banks rated ST-2 category are characterized with commendable position in terms of liquidity, internal and generation and access to alternative sources of funds of outstanding.
Moreover, Dhaka Bank won the prestigious “Certificate of Merit “of ICAB National awards 2008 and Bangladesh Awards 2009 for the outstanding performance in the field of remittance collection through banking channel. It also got Best Bank Award and CSR in 2009.
An Overview of HRM
Human Resource Management (HRM) is the function within an organization that focuses on Recruitment of, management of, and providing direction for the people who work in the Organization. Human Resource Management can also be performed by line managers. It is the organizational function that deals with issues related to people such as compensation, Hiring, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, Employee motivation, communication, administration, and training.
The Human Resources Management (HRM) function includes a variety of activities, and key among them is deciding what staffing needs you have and whether to use independent contractors or hire employees to fill these needs, recruiting and training the best employees, ensuring they are high performers, dealing with performance issues, and ensuring your personnel and management practices conform to various regulations. Activities also include managing your approach to employee benefits and compensation, employee records and personnel policies.
Usually small businesses have to carry out these activities themselves because they can’t yet afford part or full-time help. However, they should always ensure that employees have their own rights and are aware of personnel policies which conform to current regulations. These policies are often in the form of employee manuals, which all employees have. The market place for talented, skilled people is competitive and expensive. Taking on new staff can be disruptive to existing employees. Also, it takes time to develop ‘cultural awareness’,
Product/ process/ organization knowledge and experience for new staff members. Human resource management does this job.
Units of HR:
There are three units in Human Resource Division of Dhaka Bank Ltd.:
- HR Staffing
- HR Operation
- Training & Development
By doing all these functions Human resource management does its job.
Activities in HRM concerned with seeking and hiring qualified employees is Staffing.
A company needs a well defined reason for needing individuals who posses specific skills, knowledge and abilities to specify the job. Employee referrals can produce the best applicants for two reasons. First, current employees screen applicants before referring them. Second, current employees believe that their reputations with the firm will be reflected in the candidates that they recommend.
Activities in HRM concerned with seeking and hiring qualified employees is Staffing.
A company needs a well defined reason for needing individuals who posses specific skills, knowledge and abilities to specify the job. Employee referrals can produce the best applicants for two reasons. First, current employees screen applicants before referring them. Second, current employees believe that their reputations with the firm will be reflected in the candidates that they recommend.
Three officers are working in HR staffing unit. They perform the following activities-
- Recruitment & Selection
- Leave Management
- Personal Dossier Management
- Disciplinary Matters
Recruitment & Selection:
Recruiting is the initial step of staffing. Recruiting is the process of locating, identifying, and attracting capable employees. Many companies are finding new employees on the World Wide Web. The source that is used should reflect the local labor market, the type or level of position, and the size of the organization. Now the second step of Staffing, that is strategic HR planning. For that a company plans strategically. They set goals and objectives, these goals and objectives may lead to the structural changes in the company.
Third step is selection. This process is attracting qualified applicators and discouraging the unqualified applicants. By this a company can get its desired employees of requirement. It has dual focus, attempting thin out the large set of applications that arrived during the recruiting phase and to select an applicant who will be successful on the job.
For selection of candidate’s things that are taken into consideration includes appearance, attitudes, knowledge, qualification, Communication skill, Job knowledge (for lateral entry), etc.
To achieve this goal, companies can use a variety of steps. The employees who are able to do all the steps and ensure good performance they get the job. HRM must communicate a variety of information to the applicants, such as the organization culture.
The company can use these steps to select the employees. With this process their Staffing job is done. The completed selection process ends the staffing functions.
The company can use these steps to select the employees. With this process their Staffing job is done. The completed selection process ends the staffing functions.
Leave is earned by duty. Leave cannot be claimed as a matter of right, and leave admissible under the service rule of Dhaka Bank Ltd. may be granted by the Managing Director or his authorized person, who may refuse leave, grant leave for a shorter period than applied for, revoke leave of any description and recall an employee before the expiry of the leave.
One Principal Officer is looking after the leave matter of employees and keeping leave records.
Casual leave is usually processed in respective branch/division by the respective manager & head. All other leaves are processed by the HR Division. The leave application along with recommendation of head/manager sent to the HR Division and processed by the concerned officer of the division. LFA also processed in HR Division and disbursement also been done centrally by HR Division. Most of the processes & records are manual in nature. The HR Software SCALED has little support in this regard.
Personnel Dossier Management:
All employees’ history and records are kept in personal file of each employee. Employee related data are also stored throw HR software SCALED (Skill set Competency Assessment for Logical Evaluation and Development). All files are kept safely in the File Cabinet of HR Division.
All employees are subject to disciplinary measures and liable to different penalties based on the degree of infringements of Bank’s policies, dereliction of duty, and breach of contract, discipline and misconduct.
Management may initiate disciplinary proceedings against any staff member on grounds of misconduct or misdemeanor. No disciplinary proceeding shall be drawn up unless these procedures are followed:
- An enquiry committee shall be formed by the Managing Director
- A preliminary enquiry is held into charges and the prima-facie case is made out based on the findings of the enquiry
- Charges should be drawn up and a copy therefore is given to the offending staff member by Human Resources Division.
- Depending upon the gravity of the misconduct, the staff members may be placed under suspension pending enquiry and disposal of his/her case.
- The staff member is given one week’s (7 working days) time to explain his/her circumstances / conduct
- A detailed enquiry is held based on the explanation of the staff member during which he/she is given a personal hearing.
HR operations unit mainly work in the area of short term and long-term benefits of the employees of DBL, like salary, bonus, provident fund, gratuity, super annuation fund, etc.
- Monthly Salary Disbursement
- Preparation and disbursement of Festival Bonus and Performance Bonus
- Employees Final Settlement.
- Staff House Building Loan
- Maintain liaison with different hospitals, which are under the corporate agreement with Dhaka Bank Limited.
- Submission of various Salary related MIS report to the Management & Regulatory bodies.
- SBS Reporting
- Work as System Admin in HR department
- Assist in Appraisal Management
- PF Loan disbursement
- LFA disbursement
- Investment with the gratuity and PF fund
Employee Tax processing, etc.
Training and Development:
Training is one of the important activities of human resource management. In the training process companies try to motivate and train the employees in a manner so that they can work more effectively in the future. Under the training process there are some steps they are given below:
Employee orientation provides new employees with the basic background information they need to perform their jobs satisfactorily. Companies arrange an orientation program for the employees.
In an orientation program the employees should feel-
- feel welcome
- understand the organization in a broad sense
- be clear about what the firm expects in terms of work and behavior
- begin the process of socialization
There is some process, method and techniques of employee training. A company follows the all the steps of training to provide the employees a good look on their work.
Employee development is like the output of training. In development stage employees are motivated after their proper training. The development of an employee can be organizational. Organization development aims to change the attitudes, values, and beliefs of employees so that the employees can identify and implement changes.
The career development stage is given below:
- Pre transition: Is simply looking for a job and preparing oneself for a career.
- Transition: An individual is already having a job and developing oneself for future career or moving to another career.
- Preferred area: An individual prefers a specific sector of the career.
- Early stage: First 1-5 years of career is called early career.
- Mid career: 5-20 years after the career starts.
- Late career: Late career starts after 20 years of job life
- Retirement: And finally after completing the stages of career and individual decides to retired.
To achieve the ultimate goal DBL Human Resources Division is committed to upgrade professional acumen by enriching knowledge and skill and by developing positive attitude and motivation to provide excellent customer service to bank’s judicious customers.
Two officers (one Principal Officer & one Assistant Officer) looking after the all training & development related activities of DBL. They also look after the HR contractual employee of the bank and third party contractual employee. HR Division continuously working hard to ensure that, the employees have the necessary skills to carry out their particular job.
HRM of Dhaka Bank Ltd
Employees are the core resources of any organization, without them, one cannot run their organization and human resource is conducted with the growth of development of people toward higher level of competency, creativity and fulfillment. It keep employees become better more responsible person and then it tries to create a climate in which they contribute to the limits of their improved abilities. It assumes that expanded capabilities and opportunities for people with lead directly to improvement in operating effectiveness.
Essentially, the human resource approach means that people better result. Dhaka Bank Limited always determine what jobs need to be done, and how many and types of workers will be required.
So, establishing the structure of the bank assists in determining the skills, knowledge and abilities of job holders. To ensure appropriate personnel are available to meet the requirements set during the strategic planning process. The banks believes that the quality work comes from quality workers who are well motivated and ready to take challenge to provide better service.
Recruitment, Selection & Hiring:
Dhaka Banks recruitment policy is to attract staff members of the highest caliber appropriate to job requirements under employment terms and conditions that are responsive both to the Organizations’ needs and the staff member’s well being. The highest quality of human resources will be the standard in hiring of DBL employees. New or available positions will be open to existing (job posting) and outside individuals on competitive basis. Dhaka Bank Limited is an equal opportunity organization allowing no discrimination on grounds of gender, religions caste or creed. All recruitment of permanent staff / employee will be processed centrally at the Head Office Human Resources Division (HRD).
Whenever there is a need to fill in a vacancy, the concerned division involved will raise an ‘Employee Requisition Form’. This form along with the Job Descriptions and Persons Specification, thereafter, should be forwarded to the Human Resources Division for processing.
Types of Recruitment:
For Internal Recruitment:
The principal methods are-
- Job posting
- Use of computerized skills inventories
- Referrals from other departments
For External Recruitment:
Organizations rely on-
- Public or private placement agencies
- Field recruiting
- Including campus recruiting
Point of Recruitment:
There are two level of recruitment.
- Entry level
- Lateral entry ( Recruitment of experienced person)
There are two entry level post for recruiting fresh graduates and post graduates.
- Probationary officer Level
- Trainee Assistant Officer (TAO) Level
Probationary officers are confirmed as officer after successful completion of one year probation period. Probationary Officers are recruited throw completive written exam which is taken by IBA. After taking exam top scorers are invited to appear the interview of management committee. After appearing the interview they have to face an interview in front of Board of Directors.
For recruiting Probationary Officers advertisement are given in daily newspaper and web site also. Only online applications are acceptable for Probationary Officers (PO). They have to apply throw bdjobs.com. bdjobs supplies the database of CVs or resume to DBL HR. HR team then short lists the resume of the candidates. Only short listed candidates are invited for appearing the written exam. Short-listing criteria’s are given in the circulars. There are some subjects, which are preferred for short listing.
These subjects are:
- MBA (Major in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, HRM, MIS etc.)
- Development studies
Trainee Assistant Officer (TAO) Level:
TAOs are confirmed as assistant officer (AO). TAOs are recruiting from walking CVs. Usually, one written exam is managed by DBL management has taken for recruiting TAOs followed by one Viva.
If the vacancy involves an entry level position in the Executive management cadre and if it is decided to fill in the vacancy by way of promotion, the prospective candidates will have to undertake a written test and go through a Selection Board interview, as decided by the management. The functional Head, in consultation with the Head of HR, will recommend the most suitable person scoring
Lateral entry (recruitment of experienced person)
There are recruitments for experienced bankers, which is called lateral entry. Length of services, job responsibilities, revolutionary background etc. is taken into consideration for the lateral entry.
All prospective candidates are required to complete an ‘Application Form for Employment’. The HR Division along with the concerned Function Head will be responsible for processing applications, screening applicants, and short listing qualified candidates.
The HR Division contacts the qualified candidate/s and arranges appropriate tests for any position to identify the potential of the candidates based on Job Description and Persons Specification
Written tests for appointment will cover the following areas:
- Knowledge in English
- General intelligence, knowledge and numeracy.
- Computer skills
- Knowledge in relevant Functional area
Written or Job Tests:
It is mandatory for short-listed candidates to sit for a written test for the post of Probationary Officer and Trainee Assistant/Trainee Assistant Cash Officer.
Apart from the above, for other positions, as decided by the Management, candidates short-listed may be required to sit for written test and or a practical job related test and or formal interview
The interview panel authorized by the Managing Director will finalize its recommendation as soon as the interviews are completed. No expenses will be reimbursed to the candidate to attend interview/written test.
For positions from SEVP and above:
Preliminary interviews are to be conducted by the Managing Director who will recommend the best candidates to the Board / Executive Committee for final decision.
For positions from TACO/TAO to EVP:
Preliminary interviews are to be conducted by the respective Selection Committee. After the preliminary interview, it may be decided to put the Short listed candidates to written tests, if necessary. Based on the result of written test and or interview results, the short listed candidates will be chosen for final selection.
Appointment / Hiring:
All appointments to the Bank of any nature must be processed through Human Resource Division.
- After final selection, appointment letter(s) will be issued to the candidate(s) for Deputy Managing Director, Senior Executive Vice President by the Managing Director with the consent of the Board/Executive Committee.
- The Managing Director will make job offers to the selected candidate/s from the level of Support Staff, Trainee Assistant Officers to Executive Vice President Position.
iii. Background checking, Clarification/Verification from the last employer obtained through classified correspondence.
The selected candidates will be issued with a letter of Appointment, detailing the terms and conditions of service, a five years Indemnity Bond (duration of the bond may be decided by the Managing Director / Management), which will be signed and returned to the Bank as his/her acceptance of the offer.
Probationary Officers and Trainee Assistant Officer / Trainee Assistant Cash Officer along with the Letter of Appointment shall sign a five years Indemnity Bond that is mandatory.
The appointment letter state clearly about;
- The post/position
- The remuneration/salary
- The service benefits
- Income tax deduction information
- The probationary period
- The reporting date, time and place
- Notice period required by either party for termination of appointment
- Validity (duration) of employment offer
- Candidates must submit the letter of release from previous employer on the date of joining.
- Police verification is mandatory for the Cash Officer and Security personnel.
- All offers of permanent employment will be subject to pre-placement medical checkup by the Bank nominated doctor / a recognized doctor and satisfactory reports/certificate of references. Medical check up to be carried out by the Bank’s designated Clinic / Hospital / Doctor.
All appointment shall be made at the minimum pay of the grade, but in cases where persons to be recruited possess additional experience or special qualifications, or both, the competent authority may allow a higher initial pay in the scale of pay of the grade.
No person shall be appointed in the service of the Bank as Probationary Officer /Trainee Assistant Officer/ Trainee Assistant Cash Officer, who is below 18 (eighteen) years of age and above 30 (thirty) years of age in respect of direct fresh recruitment. This age limit may relaxed by the competent authority / Managing Director in exceptional cases. For lateral entry the age limit shall be as decided by the Managing Director.
No person shall be appointed in the service of the Bank unless the person has been certified physically fit by a qualified medical practitioner acceptable to the Bank or as defined by the Bank.
Employees of the Bank shall be graded as may be decided by the Board from time to time.
Complete service records / dossier shall be maintained by the Human Resources Division at Head Office for all employees. Branches shall maintain shadow file for employees working in the respective branches.
- All new hires of Probationary Officer category shall have a probationary period of one year. However, this period of probation may be extended by an additional period, if the management feels employees has not made adequate progress in his/her job within the probationary period. After successful completion of one-year probation period they will be confirmed as Officer.
- The management will assess their progress in the job during the probationary period within which a decision to confirm or terminate or extend their probation will be taken and communicated in writing.
- During the probationary period, except otherwise advised/instructed by the management, no benefit shall be allowed. On confirmation, a staff member will be entitle to receive all admissible benefits as per the Employee’s Service Manual of DBL
- The management may decide to reduce the period of probation, if it satisfied that the probationer has shown significant progress in the job at any time during the probationary period.
- During the probationary period, no leave except sick leave will be admissible. However in case of an emergency, leave with pay may be granted as a special case, which will be adjusted against future Earned leave entitlement.
- Prior to the end of the Probationary Period, an assessment will be made about the employee’s suitability. Assessment Form shall be imparted by the HRD to concern Branch/Division Head.
- The authority to confirm an employee in any grade shall be decided by the Managing Director.
All new recruits must undergo an Induction / Orientation program, in order to familiarize themselves with the organization’s culture, norms, rules and regulations so that they know what is important in the organization and what they are supposed to do. Induction helps an employee to become effective member of the organization. Dhaka Bank Training Institute shall arrange a Basic Banking Training Program for the TAO/TACO & Probationary Officers.
It is the Bank’s policy to ensure that each employee is developed s fully as his ability, performance and opportunity within which the Bank may permit. To this end periodic reviews will be made to determine the performance and potential of employees and, if necessary, the training required to enable them to progress to more senior positions. It must be made clear, however, that promotion can take place only if the following conditions are satisfied:
- The Employee is proficient satisfactory to fill a higher position
- There is a vacancy at the higher level
Opportunities for employee advancement will be created through exposing them to challenging job/responsibilities that enable appropriate development of the employee. Individual career planning is expected on the employee’s own initiative and in coordination with Human Resource Division, individual or Group Counseling / Coaching will be provided by HRD.
Personal history of all employees will be recorded in the Computerized HR Information Management System of the Bank. Personnel files / dossiers will also be maintained for all employees at the Head Office Human Resources Division. Each file will contain:
- The Job Application, CV, Educational Credentials and References (if required) available;
- Appointment Letter and Letter of Acceptance confirming willingness to abide by the personnel policies, Code of conduct, Ethical Standards, Confidentiality Standard and rules in service manual;
- Job description; completed Personal History Form.
- Confirmation, Increment, Promotion and Transfer records
- Leave (Subsidiary Dossier)
- Other relevant papers (e.g. Warning letters, Show Cause Notice etc.);
- Annual / period performance appraisal record training etc.
Such records will be regularly updated with additions and changes as may be necessary from time to time. Head Office HRD shall strictly maintain confidentiality of the filed/dossier. Branches shall maintain shall shadow file / dossier for employees working in the respective branches.
Pay Policies of Dhaka Bank Ltd.
Competitive remuneration will be offered to attract and retain qualified and capable human resources. The benefits system will support performance-based thrust of the human resources system. At the time of appointment, each employee’s salary is determined based on level of accountability, responsibility, professional experience, educational background, and past performance. Payment on appointments shall be made at the minimum pay of the grade, but in cases where persons to be recruited possess additional experience or special qualifications, or both, the management may allow a higher initial pay in the scale of the pay grade.
Monthly salary shall mean the sum total paid monthly as per pay structure including allowances before deduction of provident fund, tax, hospitalization insurance premium (if any) amount.
Gross salary is the sum total of the basic salary, house rent, house maintenance, medical allowance, entertainment allowance, technical allowance (if any), conveyance allowance, utilities allowance, telephone allowance, Bank’s contribution to provident fund, gratuity, festival allowances (if any), Leave fare assistance and any other allowances where applicable as per service rule of the bank.
c) Provident Fund
There shall be a fund called “Dhaka Bank Limited Employee’s Provident Fund” which will be governed by a separate Provident Fund Rules approved by the Board. All permanent employees shall compulsorily be the members of Provident Fund.
Every confirmed and full time employee who has rendered seven years continuous service in the Bank or more, a gratuity equal to one month basic salary for each completed year of service may be granted to him on retirement/resignation/ termination or to his family in the event of his death while in service. The dismissed employee shall not be entitled to any gratuity.
e) Loan Facilities
An employee of this organization enjoys various loan facilities like- House Building Loan, Car loan, Furniture and Household Electronic Items Loans. Under some schemes the employees enjoy interest free loan facilities. Employees are in higher post enjoys more amounts of loan facilities.
f) Medical Facilities and Health Insurance
Reimbursement of medical expenses incurred will be restricted to the treatment of employee, their spouses and for a maximum of two dependent children up to the age of 21 years. In addition to that immediate family member who are wholly dependent on the employee and residing with the employee shall also be included. Reimbursement of medical expenses will be made at actual but not exceeding total amount of three (3) basics of the concerned employee. An employee will allow the reimbursement of the cost of maternity twice during the entire tenure of his service with the bank.
Promotion cannot be claimed as a matter of right and all promotions shall be made on merit and no employee shall have a claim to be promoted to a higher grade by virtue of his seniority alone. All promotions shall be made be on the basis of Performance and different criterion laid down by the Management from time to time.
An employee may get Accelerated promotion once within a year based on his/her performance.
Promotion in Executive Grade
An employee promoted to Executive grade from Senior Principal Officer (SPO) may need to sit for written examination or face Viva after duly recommended by his/her supervisor and supported by the concern Head of the Division/Department/Unit/Branch in the Performance Appraisal
Promotion in Officer Grade
- An employee may be directed to officiate in a higher post for a temporary period for which s/he shall not be entitled to the salary of the post in which he officiates. An employee so officiating will be reverted to his substantive post when such temporary vacancy ceases to exist. Such posting should be seen as giving an opportunity to the employee as recognition of his competency as well as proficiency.
- Promotional increases will be awarded on progress to a post in a higher salary range.
- In the event of an employee being promoted to a higher job grade, he/she receives an additional increment in his/her basic salary as promotional benefit, in addition to his/her regular annual increment in the previous grade. Both promotional benefit and the annual increment (if any) should be taken into account while fixing his/her salary in the new grade.
- In case his/her new salary falls short of the starting salary of the new job grade, the employee will be given the differential between his/her salary and the starting salary of the new job grade.
- An employee in regular employment will be entitled to two Festival Bonuses per year, each equivalent to one month’s basic salary. One payment of Festival Bonus will be made to all employees at the time of Eid-Ul-Fitr. The second payment will be made to the employees at the time of theiir own religious ceremony as per their option (eg. Eid-Ul-Ajha, Buddha Purnima, Christmas, Janmashtami, Durga Puja).
- An employee, who will be on the Payroll of the Bank on the day of the Festival Bonus, is paid out, will only be eligible for the payment/bonus.
Performance Bonus / Profitability Bonus / Incentive Bonus:
- An employee may be entitled to the payment of variable Incentive Bonus/Reward, as declared by the Board of Directors, based on the profitability of bank. Management may decide at its discretion to withhold an employee’s bonus due non-performance / poor performance, dereliction of duty, violation of code of conduct, gross misconduct, habitual delay in handling official assignments, deliberate sluggish attitude in discharging duties, attempt to fraud etc.
- Also this bonus is payable to an employee who will put in, at least, six month’s (180 days) service of the whole year for which the Performance Bonus is declared.
Employee Training and Development:
- Training and Development needs of employees are identified on a regular basis, and accordingly they are nominated for the following training:
- In-house training (DBTI)
- Local training
- Regional training
- Whenever an opportunity comes up, an employee may be sent abroad for training and development so that they gain knowledge and experience and perform better at work place.
- On return from training/attachment an employee may be required to submit a Trip Report to his/her Functional Head and debrief the Management Committee about the learning through presentation within 15 days of return as and when requested by the Management.
- An employee should also submit an Action Plan on the training for transfer of learning to the work place.
- An employee may be asked to sign an indemnity bond to ensure continuity of service before he/she goes / after he/she returns from training overseas, such indemnity will be determined by the Management based on the length of training, years of service and track record of the employee concern.
- Retirement age is 60 years. An employee will retire from services at the end of the month in which his/her 60th birth anniversary.
- The management may, however as its discretion, in special circumstances and in the interest of the Bank, appoint any member after retirement on Contract basis beyond the age of 60 years subject to such terms and conditions and in absence of such specialized skilled employee on the Terms mutually agreed.
- An employee may be required to proceed on early retirement at the discretion of the management once he/she has completed 25 years service with the Bank or an employee may retire voluntarily after completion of 25 years of active service with the Bank.
Retirement on Health Grounds:
- An employee may retire on grounds of ill health, before attaining the age of 60 years at the discretion of the management.
- In the event of such retirement, to overcome the adversity / hardship, the management may consider appointment / employment / recruitment of his/her children in the Bank. Provided his/her children conforms all the pre-requisites of the recruitment policy of the Bank.
The strengths of a company are the most important building blocks required for growth to take place. Dhaka Bank is a company that has much strength. The following are a few of the most prevalent strengths that Dhaka Bank has at the present time.
- Accountable Corporate Governance is very important for the bank:
Good Corporate Governance is an issue of vital importance to the Board and Management of Dhaka Bank. The Board of Directors, as the apex level of authority, is responsible and accountable for the overall direction and is ultimate answerable to regulatory authorities and shareholders for the activities, strategies and performance of the company. The board now has 13 members, which also includes at least two independent directors.
Dhaka Bank board has a formal schedule of matters especially reserved for its decision including corporate strategy, approval of budgets and balance sheet, annual financial results, Director Appointment, proposal for dividend, approval of major corporate transactions and credit proposals beyond the delegated business power of the management.
- Experienced Senior Management has the responsibility for promoting highest level of business ethics:
The senior management of the bank is responsible for promoting the highest level of business ethics and integrity. Their aim is to create and foster a culture throughout the bank that emphasizes and demonstrates the importance of maintaining high business ethics and close relationship with customers.
In Dhaka Bank, mostly the experienced officers are mostly responsible in promoting business as they have more experienced than the junior ones and they have all the knowledge about the business and about the market. Even though there is a lot of competition in the banking sector as well, but still the higher officials convince its clients on its terms and conditions. The senior officers convince their clients in such a way that there becomes a strong bonding of the officers with the clients, and as a result it eventually helps the bank to bring business as well.
- Dhaka Bank Provides quality services to its customers:
Customers are the focal point of all the banks activities. Dhaka Bank is committed to its customers for excellent, innovative and speedy solutions across all customer segments. The Bank provides a full range of banking services to small and medium size companies and also to private individuals and entrepreneurs. They have expertise corporate banking, retail banking and trade finance and inward remittance facilities as well such as Western Union, Placid Express and National Exchange etc.
- The Bank provides compensation package for all its employees irrespective of the gender or designation:
Dhaka Bank maintains an equal opportunity in recruitment, training and promotion of all employees regardless of gender or ethnic origin. The bank tries to pay all its employees the best compensation package. The bank treats all its employees equally without being biased towards anybody due to race, religion or gender. Dhaka Bank provides a good compensation package not only to the senior officers or executive but also to the other staffs at the lower level. The compensation package is though according to their designation.
Accordingly, Dhaka Bank’s salary structure is revised upward on a regular basis. The bank also keeps in employees informed about the progress of the business and their part in it for their constant commitment to the bank. They also encourage the development of the employee involvement in the bank through formal and informal meetings.
- Dhaka Bank is maintain a strong position in the share market:
Shares of Dhaka Bank are one of the most actively traded stocks on the Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE). The continual improvement in the bank’s underlying profitability is the reason for trust and confidence of investors on the bank.
Its reputation and performance attracts the clients towards the bank and make them to invest in its shares Customer is in the core of everything a service-oriented company does. Accuracy, reliability, and timely delivery are the key elements of the Dhaka Bank’s service. Dhaka Bank Limited is manned by well-qualified and experienced officials always prepared to provide efficient, personalized and quality service. They also tailored solutions for business needs, global reach in trade and commerce and high yield on investments backed by state-of-the-art technology for both customers and for internal use have rendered Dhaka Bank a position in the top tier of the industry. The bank also performs according to the needs of its corporate clients and provides a comprehensive range of financial services to national and multinational companies.
- Dhaka Bank is always there for Social Welfare:
Dhaka Bank has fully commitment towards serving the communities in which it operates. The bank believes that healthy economy and sound banking go together. A chunk of the bank’s annual profit is being given to the Dhaka Bank Foundation for social welfare. The main objective of the foundation was to invest part of the bank’s profit in poverty alleviation and community welfare.
The Dhaka bank foundation and the employees of the bank take part in diverse charitable and voluntary programs. The foundation had made allocations in different areas of poverty alleviation and primary health care programs for the low-income group. Substantial fund had also been allocated for research works on various socio-economic issues confronting the nation. All these strongly reflected strong commitment of the bank to work closely through foundation with the community with which it co-exists.
- Dhaka Bank provides online Banking Services:
Dhaka Bank is among the few banks in Bangladesh, which provides the online banking services to its customers. By using the modern banking services, a Dhaka Bank customer can withdraw or deposit an amount of cash under the Dhaka Bank account no matter in which branch the actual account exist. This service gives its customer huge flexibility. More and more urban customers are becoming attracted to this service day by day.
The customer can not only make transactions through online services but also can check their balances. This online service provides great benefit for the customers, as they do not have to face the hassle of going into the bank and then doing their works, or knowing their balances from the bank, instead they can know it instantly through online service of Dhaka Bank.
- Training and development system of Dhaka Bank is a prime reason of their success:
Dhaka Bank has a personnel-training institute with good resources. They give regular training to the officer of both middle and lower levels. Again if there is any strategy or technology change, there will be special training program arranged based on individual needs.
They arrange special training on their software also which they use in the bank to operate their system, which eventually becomes beneficial not only for the employee but also for the bank, because if they do not know the exact procedure of carrying out work in their system then that might affect them both the employee end into making mistake, and as a result the reputation of the bank also might get hamper ed.
- Strong financial resources to ensure the growth of the bank:
In the years 2004 Dhaka Bank’s total capital TK.2, 476.34 million. The bank’s capital surplus in the year 2004 was TK. 401.53 million. Dhaka bank’s total deposits were TK.28, 069.24 million and the total loans and advances were TK 23,219.67 million, which makes the credit deposit ratio stand at 83% for the year 2004.
Dhaka bank’s total assets were TK.32, 361.62 million. Of it TK. 29137.28 million were interested earning assets and the rest TK. 322.34 million was non-interest earning assets. So it seems that it terms of financial resources Dhaka Bank has no lacking. And the bank has adequate resources at its disposal considering the size of the bank and this was a good enough platform to ensure future growth of the bank.
The fault of an organization is the most important internal problems that might hamper the growth rate to take place in a company. Though Dhaka Bank is a company that has many strengths but it also as well has some weakness of its own. The following are a few of the most common weakness that Dhaka Bank has at the present time.
- Giving high emphasize on fixed deposits:
Dhaka bank gives high emphasize on fixed deposits every year, which means that they always end up paying high interest expense for their deposit mix. Certainly, this will decrease their dealing spread and keeps them always in pressure. So, their cost of goods sold is very high which is not very good for any company in this competitive market.
Giving high emphasize on fixed deposit might which meant ending up by paying high interest expense for the deposit mix, because if the bank continues like this then there is a high chance for the clients to switch to other banks, so in this way the bank might lose its valuable clients.
- No feedback from bottom level employees:
The bottom-level employees and even the mid-level managers at Dhaka Bank don’t take part in the decision-making process. So the information flows one way. The bank do not encourage or even ask the middle level officers to take part in their decision or invite them in the decision making process, as a result there remains a gap between the high officials and the mid level managers or officers. But when any kind of problem arises it is often the middle level managers who has to face the problems or complains from the customers. The higher officials should not also forget that because of these middle level officers their organization has been running so smoothly and successfully.
Though Dhaka Bank do not involve its middle level officers in their decision making process but still Dhaka Bank has some unofficial way to collect information from the bottom level employees, but it is not effective at all.
- Less emphasis on advertising through the electronic media:
Dhaka Bank does not promote their brand or products on regular basis. They seem to be over confident over their company’s publicity. They sometimes see it as an extra expenditure. They also don’t do much electronic media advertising, they do not even campaign for their bank for example they could take stalls in private universities and offer attractive packages for the student or for their education.
On the other hand competitors like Dutch-Bangla Bank, Standard Chartered Bank. Jamuna Bank and others do the opposite frequently come up with creative adds for their banks. For example, recently Dutch-Bangla Bank has set up an ATM booth inside private university , this way they have not only gained popularity but they have also attracted the customers, mostly the students to have a account in their bank. This is a big weakness for Dhaka Bank, which may prove to be very big mistake in the future. To company should concentrate more on its promotional activities.
- The bank has a large number of employees making the of organization ineffective:
Dhaka bank currently has quite a large number of employees compared to its capabilities. Having a higher number of employees is good extent, but in some cases it can also have a negative impact. This decreases the employee’s individual efficiency as well as effectiveness.
If there is too many employees working for the same thing then the effectiveness of the employees’ decreases, there remains no competition and the employees start depending on others, i.e. instead of doing the work by themselves they expect their fellow mates to do it for them. This kind of behavior makes them inefficient and as a result hampers the effectiveness of the organization.
In addition to that, a few of the employees are not too sound and loyal as they are supposed to be. There is a tendency that middle level managers want to avoid their responsibilities and want it to be done by others.
- Agency problem might be there among the employees which effects the customer service:
The front desk employees are often found not to be too keen on taking care of their customers. Though they have a long employee’s line in every branch, their loyalty to the company and their ethics level are not very satisfactory. Most of the employees always think about their own interest, which proves that agency problem is there. Some of them create unofficial groups through which they solve each other’s problem and support each other to achieve their personal goals, not too much concern about their personal interest.
An organization’s opportunities are positive external environmental factors. An organization should explore all possible opportunities available to it. These opportunities are intended to improve the organization. By making improvements, the organization should be able to become more competitive in the market. The following are opportunities available to Dhaka bank in order for it to become more aggressive.
- Dhaka bank can use their good market image to gain business and valued customers:
Dhaka bank has quite a strong market image. Local people know Dhaka Bank as a centered of trust and professional where local expertise use to serve. If they expand their business and utilize this strength as more diversified business opportunities, they can create stronger image in the country.
If Dhaka Bank continues to be productive then they will get more and more business as the customers will be attracted towards their service and towards their product. The chances of Dhaka bank will become much higher if they expand and diversify their business in an effective and creative way not only in the capital city but all over Bangladesh.
- Dhaka bank can provide mobile telephone bill collection service through internet banking:
As telecommunication industry is expending with an alarming rate recently, so Dhaka bank could maintain good business relation with those telecommunication companies. They can look forward to make some mutual agreement of responsibility of bill collections. This will give them more liquid money, which will boost up their cash requirement.
- Dhaka bank can provide premium service banking so as to satisfy their customers:
Dhaka Bank can improve its customer service but tailoring the individual business needs. This service enhancement collectivity will allow a customer to manage their business finance and cash resources more efficiently and conveniently. The services like-
- Auto Fax Report
- Hotline (Your single point of contract)
- Inward remittance information services
- Express payments
- Foreign Exchange and Money market information
If Dhaka bank provides the above mentioned services to its valuable clients then the chances of its 100% success will be confirm, as no other banks is providing such services specially inward remittance, if Dhaka bank provides such type of services then the customers will rush only for Dhaka bank instead of going to other banks.
- Dhaka bank can expand their business area by opening new branches in different places:
Dhaka bank could also boost the number of branches to take advantage of increase demand among the existing customer with better services and thus generate more net profit. In recent years the bank has opened a lot of new branches, which is a good sign of improvement and also a commendable strategy. If Dhaka Bank continues to be productive then they will get more and more business as the customers will be attracted towards their service and towards their product.
The chances of Dhaka Bank will become much higher if they expand their business in an effective and creative way not only in the capital city but all over Bangladesh. The bank has not been effective in increasing the number of branches outside Dhaka and Chittagong. Most of Dhaka Bank’s branches are targeted at the city people only; they have not concentrated of the rural people too much. That’s why the company could not capture large portion of the market share. The authority of the bank needs to take this into consideration not only for them but also for the poor rural people. After all there is question of ethics come in every steps of business.
- The bank can globalize the business and can gain popularity all over the world:
As the bank has a strong business brand image, it holds a great opportunities to globalize their business more extensively. They can arrange more foreign correspondent banks or by establishing more foreign branches as the foreign branches have better and big business opportunities.
If Dhaka bank continues to be productive then they will get more and more business as the customers will be attracted towards their service and towards their product. The chances of Dhaka Bank will become their much higher if they expand and globalize their business in an effective and creative way not only in the capital city but all over world.
- Dhaka bank can upgrading the online banking service to that the services can be availed smoothly:
Dhaka bank’s online banking service is not up the standard of the service the foreign banks provide. They usually serve the service based on the historical data, not real time basis. So, the bank should take initiative to add some additional services for their loyal clients. This will give them better opportunity to acquire more market share.
The on line services of Dhaka Bank is not very standard; they have network problems for which the latest updates are not known not only to the customers but also to their employees as well. The employees cannot login to their system due to the network problem and as a result their works get delayed. But if it continues to happen then the bank might lose its valued customers and business. If the system gets updated then the services they provide through online banking will be very smooth and effective for both the employees and the clients.
- Government’s changing attitude towards private sector development can be beneficial for the bank:
The government is favoring private sector investment, which is good for the Dhaka Bank, as they can now expand their business with rules and regulations of government of Bangladesh. This kind of government support will lessen their problems. The Government’s changing attitude can be very beneficial for Dhaka Bank as the government is favoring the private bans, the local public will rush towards the private bank such as Dhaka Bank, and by this the bank will gain more and more customers and will have more business.
- Dhaka bank has the opportunity to take market share away from rival firms:
The private local commercial banks of Bangladesh are very similar in the way they operate. This is especially true for the banks same strategic group. So if Dhaka Bank somehow manages to differentiate their financial products and services from the other then there is good chance that it will gain more market share.
If the bank managers to achieve diversified products and wide banking network there is a scope for market penetration. The bank can serve more customers groups if they expand their expanding geographic coverage and service segments. Also Dhaka Bank can portray itself as different by exploiting emerging new technologies and improving services like credit card, telephone banking etc.
An organization’s threats are negative external factors. An organization should explore all possible threats available to it. These threats are intended to diminish the organization. By making improvements and proper monitoring of the threats, the organization should be able to turn more competitive in the market. The following are threats are available to Dhaka Bank in order to threaten its existence.
- There is a fierce competition among the banks all over the city to have more valued customers and business:
As the banking industry of Bangladesh has promising in, Dhaka Bank is facing strong competition the entrance of new potential competitors. The second generation banks like
- Dhaka bank
- Dutch bangle bank
- Southeast bank
These Banks are the main competitors for Dhaka Bank. There is a tough competition among all the banks for business, if one bank provides better services or more rate of return then the customers switch to that bank wherever they will get better facilities.
Also foreign banks operations in Bangladesh are also taking a big portion of market share. These foreign banks have successfully created better market image than those of local banks in Bangladesh. The competition among all the banks for business is very tough, to complete with one another is very hard in case of business if one bank provides better services or more rate of return then the customers switch to that bank wherever they will get better services.
- Political interference and government regulations creates problem for banks:
Dhaka bank facing political interference in big loan sanctioning and also there is to some extent unethical recruitment of employees. Though the government is favoring private sector investment, which is good for the Dhaka Bank, as they can now expand their business with the favoring rules and regulations of government of Bangladesh but still due to political interferences and tight government regulation is creating problems in sanctioning big amount of loan. Also there is 45% tax rate for all financial institutions, which is very high and also a real threat for growth of the company.
- Highly capital reserve requirement imposed by the central bank:
If there is liquid money crisis the market, Dhaka Bank will find it has to manage its capital reserve requirement. As banking law act 1991, Bangladesh bank is regulated the capital requirement not less than 9%. And if for some reason the bank fails to meet the reserve requirements then the consequences and sanctions will be serve.
Now a day’s banking businesses are being narrowing down and its services and products are also diversifying in other sector of the financial market. Few banking services are being also done by insurance companies, leasing firms, house building loan companies and so on. So, banks are now surviving by doing general banking, which is already threat and can bigger in future. Dhaka bank management should start to think about this issue more closely and have to take necessary steps.
- The central bank changing the interest rates for which the banks have to maintain their rates:
In Bangladesh the central bank decides the interest rates. They give a arrange and within that range the banks have to maintain the interest rates they offer. So the result is that all the banks end up having very similar interest rates.
Also it is the central government who changes the interest rates. They either increase or decrease it depending on the economy according to the policies they want to implement. And whatever changes the government makes the banks of Bangladesh have to abide by it.
Findings and Recommendations
Findings of the study:
- Dhaka bank has its own training center. There are on the job and off the job training techniques in which the bank follow some of that technique, but the bank cannot arranges off the job techniques which include video and films show.
- The bank cannot practice proper Dhaka Bank guideline. The Dhaka bank has some objectives but the bank cannot all those objectives.
- To evaluate employees performance Dhaka Bank cannot evaluate their employee’s performance properly.
- Dhaka bank is a truly online bank. Only the case section of the branch is computerized. Hopefully the management decided to provide computers for departments, which will bolster services of the bank.
- When a join stock comes to open an account, if the company happens to be an existing one, the banker should demand copies of the balance sheet and profit and loss account, which will reflect the financial growth of the company and its soundness.
- Officers of the bank are competent even though many of them simply know the working procedure of what they are doing but don’t know the philosophy behind doing those.
- Project loan requires testing the feasibility of the project and judging the marketability of the product. It requires infusion of knowledge of both the fields marketing and banking. But the bank has hardly any officer with this kind of ability.
- The bank should practice proper Dhaka bank guideline. The purpose of Human Resource Management is to improve the productive contribution of people.
- To get effective and efficient employee, the bank should arrange proper training and development programs.
- The entire HR department should be will informed regarding the employment personal.
- Employee’s development is needed for the own interest of the bank.
- The bank should provide well direct compensation as well as direct to its staffs. The bank should have job evaluated salary structure, which is most competitive than other banks in the country.
- To evaluate employee’s performance the bank should follow promotion policy properly.
- In order to get competitive advantage and to deliver quality service, top management should try to modify the services.
- Letter of Credit opening procedure and Margin requirement may be relaxed to the qualified employees to keep motivating.
- Periodical performance appraisal and giving recognition and rewards to the qualified employees to keep motivating them.
- Proper training needed for ensuring efficient performance of the employees.
Dhaka bank has converted all of their system and policy of traditional banking to Islamic banking. I think which a very practical and bold decision is. There are lots of local and foreign banks in Bangladesh. In this competitive market Dhaka Bank Ltd has compete not only the other commercial banks but also with public bank.
Dhaka bank is more capable of contributing towards economic development as compared with other bank. Dhaka bank ltd. Invested more funds in export and import business. It obvious that the right thinking of this bank including establishing a successful network over the country and increasing resources will be able to play a considerable role in the portfolio of development. Success in the banking business largely depends on effective leading. Less the amount of loan losses, the more the income will be form credit operations the more will be profit of the Dhaka bank limited and here lays the success of credit financing.