Introduction: Taking balanced diet is very important to keep good health. The advantages of a balanced diet for keeping good health beggars description. It is said that keeping good health is quietly impossible without maintaining balanced diet. In fact, a balanced diet is a combination of different kinds of food items of definite colors and levels.
The foods which contain carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals are called balanced diet. Carbohydrates, fats, proteins are considered as major nutrients items these are very essential for our health. These items provide our body with energy to perform different kinds of functions. The beating of heart, the activity of muscles, and brain are worthy of them.
Components of a balanced diet –
Some components of a balanced diet are as follows:
- Fats – Some part of our energy requirement is fulfilled by fats. Fats can be found in fatty foods such as butter, ghee, oil, cheese, etc.
- Proteins – We need proteins for growth purposes and to repair the wear and tear of the body. Protein also helps in building muscle. It is found in dairy products, sprouts, meat, eggs, chicken, etc
- Carbohydrates – We need the energy to process and it is fulfilled by carbohydrates. Carbs provide us energy. Carbohydrates can be found in rice, wheat, chapati, bread, etc. Cereals are our staple food.
- Minerals and Vitamins – Vitamins, Minerals, and Fibre improve the body’s resistance to disease. We mainly obtain it from vegetables and fruits. Deficiency diseases like Anemia, Goitre, etc can be caused due to a lack of mineral in the body.
Importance of a Balanced Diet: The body that is free from all sorts of diseases is called good health. We can keep good health to follow some rules and regulations and to take balanced diet. Eating balanced diet is one of the ways of keeping good health. Besides, eating vegetables, drinking pure water, and eating balanced diet are the prerequisite of keeping good health. It is believed that height of a child depends upon the genes inherited from parents. However, it is often seen that tall parents may have short children and vice-versa.
The following are the importance of a balanced diet:
- Balanced Diet leads to a good physical and a good mental health.
- It helps in proper growth of the body.
- Also, it increases the capacity to work
- Balanced diet increases the ability to fight or resist diseases.
I am a student and I always try to take balanced diet. Because, I know that health is wealth and health is the root of all happiness. Balance diet is essential for keeping good health. If people do not take balanced diet, they often suffer from various diseases. Therefore, I always try to have balanced diet. The importance of keeping good health cannot be described in words.
Conclusion: In the long run, it can be said that good health is the prerequisite of all success. And good health cannot be preserved without taking balanced diet. Therefore, we should take balanced diet regularly so that we can lead a healthy, happy, and successful life.